Durham, NC – North Carolina Central University’s Spring Fling Week will headline the first North Carolina HBCU Picnic, Saturday, April 22 at 2 pm, at the Outdoor Recreational Complex (located near O’Kelly-Riddick Stadium). Promoting unity and offering the ultimate Family Reunion experience, the event is free and open to all.
The HBCU Picnic, hosted by NCCU’s Student Activities Board (SAB), is a part of a week-long series of events that will bring together students from neighboring campuses to celebrate the close of a successful academic year.
“We are excited to celebrate with our fellow HBCU students and alumni from 11 universities from around the state,” said Jalen Baker, event coordinator. “This event will showcase our unity and will offer the ultimate family reunion experience.”
The event will include music, special performances, food and vending. NCCU’s SAB is the university’s student-led organization that is responsible for planning major student events, including Homecoming and Pre-Dawns.
Other events during the Spring Fling Week, April 17-22, include:
- Live After 5 Carnival, Monday, April 17, 6 p.m., George Street
- Battle of the Classes, Tuesday, April 18, 10:40 a.m., Library Bowl
- Grocery Store Bingo, Tuesday, April 18, 6 p.m., A. E. Student Union
- 1910 & Lawson Wild Out Wednesday, Wednesday, April 19, McDougald-McLendon Arena
- 10:40 Break, Thursday, April 20, 10:40 a.m., George Street
- Foam Party, Thursday, April 20, 11 p.m., Luna Nightclub, $7 in advance, $10 at the door
- All Black Party, Friday, April 21, 9 p.m., McDougald-McLendon Arena, $10 in advance, $16 at the door
- NC HBCU Picnic, Saturday, April 22, 2 p.m., Outdoor Recreational Complex (near stadium)
- Pre-Dawn Soul Train, Saturday, April 22, 11 p.m. Walker Complex, $9 in advance, $15 at the door.
For more information and vending opportunities, contact Jalen Baker at (919) 530-5547 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.